Qwake is looking for a seasoned VP of Engineering to drive cross-discipline engineering execution to launch our flagship product visual communication platform, CTHRU. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Engineering will work with design and product management to implement priority features, while managing and directing hardware development. As a key leader in the company, this person will lead all aspects of the engineering and product development process. The VP of Engineering needs to be an analytical, yet creative, superstar - someone who can inspire a diverse group of engineers with a compelling technical vision while understanding the business trade offs required to realize that vision. The right candidate will have the curiosity to explore new technologies and drive a culture of innovation along with a capability to deliver predictably.
● Lead , oversee, and manage internal and external engineering from prototype through mass production
● Responsible for building and leading a differentiated, delivery-focused, and impactful engineering team across our portfolio
● Translate product strategy, market requirements, and product requirement documents into highly detailed engineering specifications
● Collaborate closely with executive team and product leadership to scope, prioritize, organize, and plan engineering schedules
● Define budget, resources, and schedule for program engineering implementation
● In close collaboration with Qwake’s Advanced Development group and executive leadership, translate stakeholder expectations, physical and market realities, and agreed-upon solution requirements, into a shippable, world-class product.
Experience / Skills:
Proven track record of managing engineering organizations in a high-growth environment. Ideally, candidate has experience in all of the following:
● Strong interdisciplinary leadership experience in electrical, mechanical, regulatory, prototyping, validation, and test areas
● Developing new commercial products from user-centered design concept through mass production incorporating NPI best practices
● Complex, multi-vendor engineering programs with parallel work streams
● Global component integration and supply chain specification management in fast-paced environments
● Regulatory compliance and certification experience with connected or safety related products (a plus)
Who you are:
Passionate about Mission-driven solution development, with a growth mindset — continually identifying and suggesting new ways to achieve success and help us make a difference -- your background will include the following:
● Has led at least one team or organization from prototype to mass production (experience with wearables and AR is a plus)
● 5+ years experience (or equivalent) in a Sr. Management position
● Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing engineering, or similar
● Passionate about leading, mentoring and inspiring strong, talented engineers, and ability to identify and recruit top talent
● Veteran of multiple successful product launches, which required making use of innovative engineering approaches, thorough understanding of certification constraints, and NPI best practices
● Solid verbal, written, and visual presentation communication skills required to effectively communicate and problem solve with cross functional stakeholders and customers
If you feel you would make a strong addition to our team, or know somebody who you believe possesses the skills and experience to help us really make a difference in the world, then we definitely want to hear from you!
We will be hiring on a rolling basis and will be adding additional roles often, so please check back. Learn more about our organization by visiting our website at qwake.tech.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.