Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry's most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy's The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Technical Artist will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
* Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, and encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
* Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines;
* Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
* Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
* Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
* Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
* Assist the technical art director in the creation of documentation;
* Provide feedback and advice to team members;
* Improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
* Document and train artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
* Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
* Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
* Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
**Skills and Knowledge**
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
* Proactive and results orientated;
* Willingness to share knowledge openly;
* Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
* knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
* Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
* Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
* Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
* Strong time management and prioritisation skills;
* Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
* Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
* 2 - 3 years' experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
* Bachelor's degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
* Experience in the video game industry is essential.
**Benefits & Relocation**
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.