Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it's always the fastest way to share a moment!Snap's Augmented Reality team invents the immersive (and fun!) camera experiences that are at the core of our products.
From developing creative new Lens features for Snapchat, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Lens Studio (our platform for an ever-increasing community of AR creators), to designing the cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology that makes face transformation Lenses possible - our Augmented Reality team is working hard on their mission to bring AR to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We're looking for a Sr. Manager, AR Community Innovation to join Snap Inc!
Responsible for Snap's community of augmented reality
Lens creators and developers, you will lead the innovation and impact of our community and partners with the Lens platform.
You'll be responsible for programs and operational frameworks to support, educate, and upskill our Lens creator community so they can be successful, and ensure our developer portal and the tools in Lens Studio meet the needs of Snap's AR creators. You'll collaborate cross-functionally with the wider Snap team to help keep Snap at the forefront of AR.
What you'll do:
- Be accountable for the support, growth, innovation and impact of Snap's AR community, driving the success of the Lens platform.
- Facilitate the education and upskilling of Lens creators via coordinating the Lens Studio developer portal, the production of templates and learning materials.
- Ensure community and partner requirements feed into the roadmap of the Lens platform and help to productize them through Lens Studio and our developer tools.
- Develop and implement strategies and operations to grow the Lens creator community and the adoption of Lens Studio and Snap's AR platform.
- Work across Snap to drive successful outcomes for the Lens creator ecosystem.
- Lead information flow and act as a subject matter expert to internal and external partners with regard to the Lens Studio developer ecosystem
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Passion for the latest VR/AR/MR/Visual Computing technologies
- Demonstrated people and resource management skills
- Familiarity with interactive content development cycles
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience
- 6+ years of experience leading innovation with technical or creative communities
- 6+ years of experience managing a team of designers, artists, and/or engineers
- Experience in 3D design, creation, and/or building product for augmented and/or virtual reality platforms
- Experience with 3D engine software (Unity, Unreal, etc.) and/or 3D modeling and animation software (e.g. Maya)
- Experience developing and maintaining internal and external partnerships
- Experience driving product and/or innovation strategy at a tech company
- Experience educating developers and/or creator communities
- Passionate about Snapchat and Lens Studio!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at email@example.com. Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.