Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Multimedia Systems
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is taking its traditional strengths in digital wireless technologies into exciting new fields such as eXtended Reality (XR) and AI. Join Qualcomm's XR Perception Research team in San Diego, CA, and contribute to leading edge technology with the potential to be deployed in millions of mobile devices. Interact closely with system engineers and software developers in a world-class XR team with a dynamic environment
Qualcomm XR is rapidly expanding to offer state of the art perception solutions. To scale and strengthen our offering in this domain, we are seeking candidates with strong software development knowledge and hands-on experience in computer vision technologies including 2D/3D feature detection, tracking and registration, Visual Inertial Odometry, SLAM, Object Detection and Tracking, 3D Reconstruction, along with ability to map computer vision algorithms to real-time implementation on mobile platforms, and investigate hardware/software tradeoffs.
Responsibilities in this role shall include the following:
* Design, implement and optimize vision and neural network processing pipelines and algorithms on Qualcomm's SoCs and platforms.
* Closely collaborate with product owners and domain/technology experts to integrate/validate software in a larger system.
* Debugging in different software environments and on hardware. You will need to interact closely with internal teams and potentially support/work with external customers.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
* 2+ years Software Development experience.
* Excellent C++ and Object-Oriented Programming skills demonstrated through relevant industry experience
* Outstanding problem-solving skills
* Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and real time systems coding experience
* Strong background testing and debugging on mobile platforms or other embedded systems
* Strong skills in analyzing performance of AI/CV solutions on heterogenous architectures (core, cache, memory, bus, etc.).
* Software development experience in heterogenous/multi-core architectures (CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, tensor accelerators etc.).
* Experience with software process improvements through measurable KPIs
* Excellent communication and team working skills.
* Candidates with experience in the following areas are preferred:
* Mobile device operating systems such as Android
* OpenGL ES, NEON programming, Scripting
* Machine Learning, Neural Networks
* Graphics, game engine SW architecture
* Developing visual computing software
**Applicants**: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
**To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies**:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
**EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.**
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.