OpenXR SDK Engineer for Extended Reality (Virtual Reality)
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is the leading hardware/software provider for mobile AR/VR platforms. Qualcomm's China XR team is seeking software engineers with expertise in XR frameworks and SDK development who will work with top developers building next generation XR platforms. You will be expected to provide end-to-end ownership for various development activities. We are seeking a creative, self-motivated problem-solver with a passion for creating great VR/AR products.
* Be part of a team of strong technology developers building mobile Augmented and Virtual Reality enabling technology.
* Based on Khronos OpenXR standard, work on OpenXR SDK implementation on Snapdragon platforms.
* Collaborate across functional boundaries in defining architecture, APIs, design and schedule, extending to areas such as XR cameras, XR optimized Displays, XR sensors, Algorithms, etc.
* Window/Linux/Android multimedia frameworks/HAL/drivers and developing environment
* Experience in any of OpenGL programming, Image Processing or Computer Vision algorithms
* Proficiency in C++ and/or C programming (Java, Python, etc. as a plus)
* Good analytical and debugging skills
* Familiar with code control tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Perforce, SVN, etc.
* Self-motivated, willingness to expand skill sets and strong research capability on new technology
Experience with any of following areas:
* Experience with Qualcomm Snapdragon platforms
* Experience with VR/AR framework and SDK development on Windows/Linux/Android
* Experience with OpenGL programming, Game Engine based game content development
* Experience with VR controller, IMU/Camera based 3DOF/6DOF, SLAM, Hand/Body tracking, etc.
Bachelor/Master in EE, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Image Processing, or related field
\- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
\- 2+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
\- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
\- 4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
\- 2+ years experience with Database Management Software.
\- 2+ years experience with API.
\- 2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
\- 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
\- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
\- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
\- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
\- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
\- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Applicants**: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
**To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies**:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
How to Apply
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Our Company Values