XR Perception R&D - System Staff Engineer for Inertial Sensors and Sensor Fusion
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Multimedia Systems
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is taking its traditional strengths in digital wireless technologies into exciting new fields such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). Come, join the team that helped Qualcomm win **Innovative VR Company of the Year** at AIXR's 4th Annual VR Awards
The XR Perception R&D team investigates and develops the fundamental perception systems enabling self-contained XR platforms such as VR and AR headsets. We are growing our team to push the boundaries of mobile perception technology in order to offer a comprehensive platform to our customers.
Candidates bring a deep understanding of sensor fusion algorithms, inertial measurement sensors, and the integration with computer vision and machine learning algorithms and technologies. They also have experience in designing solutions and implementations for real-time embedded and mobile platforms.
* Be part of a world-class XR team researching and developing mobile Augmented and Virtual Reality enabling technology
* Development of efficient and accurate sensor fusion solutions for XR perception tasks
* IMU modelling and filtering
* Evaluate HW components and recommend/decide on part selection
* See your design in action on industry-leading chips embedded in the next generation of AR and VR devices, smartphones, and robotics
* Strong understanding of filtering and sensor fusion mathematics, covering one or more of the following areas: IMU modelling, sensor fusion, 3D computer vision, mathematical optimization
* And/or strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and deep networks used in these areas
* Experience with Augmented/Virtual Reality devices and applications
* C++ experience
* 3+ years of industry experience is required.
* Experience in software development, incl. testing and debugging on XR devices, mobile platforms or other embedded systems
* Excellent C++ and object-oriented programming
* Experience using machine learning toolboxes (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Caffee)
* Real-time Computer graphics
Required: Master with 3 years of industry experience or PhD
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
**Applicants**: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
**To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies**:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
**EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.**
How to Apply
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Our Company Values