The engineer will be working in highly automated manufacturing facilities with responsibility for development and deployment of VR & AR content and solutions related to line automation, process control, and other high value process areas as appropriate. This will require working with third party vendors, other engineers, and equipment manufacturer side as well as internal business functions including IT, HR, Operations & Maintenance.
* Identification of appropriate business cases for the implementation of virtual reality and augmented reality into business processes.
* Provide training to AR/VR systems users, including machine operators, maintenance personnel, or others as necessary.
* Create 3D training content with suitable tools, incluidng but not limited to Creo Illustrate & Vuforia or Expert Capture
* Identify suitable opportunities to drive business value with AR/VR technologies, and then deliver solutions to realize that value utilizing enhanced augmented reality and virtual reality experiences.
* Review facility and machine blueprints, CAD files from equipment proposals to design the AR/VR experience.
* Monitor, maintain and support plant-wide AR/VR systems as the use case demands, up to 24/7/365.
* Assimilate a thorough understanding of all aspects of business processes including shop floor automation and control systems equipment for high-speed processing and packaging applications, and produce AR/VR solutions to enhance the implementation, training, and ongoing support for those processes.
* Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests and lead the FAT team on appropriate projects.
* Provide technical coaching and mentoring of plant resources in controls and automation
* Ability to travel to project / work sites as required. Not expected to exceed 25%.
* All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
* All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
* Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
**Required Education and Experience**
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science from an accredited institution.
* Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience.
* Proficient in 3D modeling software (PTC Creo Preferred).
* Proficient using AutoCAD 2D design software.
* Must be legally authorized to work for a company in the United Stated without sponsorship.
**Preferred Education and Experience**
* 5+ years engineering experience .
* Proficient with Rockwell brand hardware and software products (ControlLogix, and CompactLogix processors, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, Factory TALK View ME applications)
* Experienced in the design and deployment of HMI and SCADA based visualization systems.
* Understanding of Process Network Infrastructure (Ethernet), controls hardware and field instrumentation.
* Familiarity with automation solutions, such as Rockwell FactoryTalk, AVEVA (Wonderware), and PTC Vuforia.
* Familiarity with robotic control systems including Fanuc, ABB and similar systems.
* Willingness to learn or experience with Adobe Illustrator or similar tools
* Development and maintenance of engineering specification's and standards (Control System Function Design Specification).
* Familiarity with Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) & Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
* Familiarity with the industrial networking concepts, and ideally the following protocols PROFIBUS/PROFINET/DeviceNet/Data Highway/EtherNetIP/EtherCAT/CAN Bus/IOLink.
* Member of IEEE organization.
* Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments with strong communications skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, equipment upgrades and resources, troubleshoot and problem solve.
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with suppliers, customers and coworkers.
* Eagerness to learn new tools/software and keep current on automation news and trends
* Experience with Kepware, ThingWorx, Vuforia, Creo is highly preferred.
\- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35°F to 100°F; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
\- Work is mainly performed in an office setting, with some time spent in a manufacturing environment
**EEOC & Disclaimer**
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.