Engineering Director, Spark Augmented Reality (AR)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a dynamic leader to join us as an Engineering Director leading the development of platform software for augmented reality (AR).
The Engineering Director will define and pioneer the future of AR including engaging first party experiences and creating a platform which empowers creators and developers to deliver rich immersive experiences. This leader will succeed through collaboration and shared strategies across Facebook Reality Labs teams.
- Lead software platform development efforts for AR across multiple projects, platforms, and disciplines
- Provide deep technical leadership for all AR hardware and software products
- Work cross-functionally with partner technology and business teams to get hardware and software products developed and shipped
- Collaborate with AR leadership to define future products and product enhancements
- Build, manage, mentor, inspire and retain software engineering teams
- Grow the organization and ensure that the right culture, processes, and technology investments are in place for future product launches
- 10+ years of relevant experience in advanced technology management as a software leader building teams and leading organizations through product delivery and commercialization on time and on budget
- Experience leading, mentoring, and inspiring a large consumer technology software organization
- Technical experience and understanding of how full-stack solutions fit together
- Hands-on leader with experience going into the details for software architecture and design
- Leadership and familiarity of products with cross-functional technical components
- Understanding of product development processes and proven experience moving from strategy to execution, delivering results
EOEFacebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to Apply
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Our Company Values