Augmented Reality Experience Engineer, Instagram
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram brings you closer to the people and things you love. Our augmented reality tools are built with this vision in mind - to inspire people to create, share, and connect in new ways. We are shaping the landscape of AR today at scale, while building a bridge towards tomorrow's socially connected AR experiences and devices.
* Prototype new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
* Collaborate with multi-functional teams of artists, product designers, and UX researchers to ideate, design and build
* Engage with deep-learning and computer vision experts to source ideas and productize research
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
* 2+ years experience as an engineer shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
* Demonstrated experience interfacing with cross-functional teams (art, design, R&D)
* Self-starter, thrives in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
* Experience with augmented reality (ARKit, AR Core, Hololens, Magic Leap, Snapchat, TikTok) or virtual reality (Oculus, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
* Experience with C++, Java/Kotlin, ObjectiveC/Swift
* 2+ years experience developing mobile apps (iOS or Android)
* In-depth understanding of one or more of the following: graphics, computer vision, deep learning, audio, real-time performance, networking, physics
* Experience with UX design or game design
* Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
How to Apply
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Our Company Values