Posted: Dec 21, 2020
Weekly Hours: **40**
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, HomePod, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iPad, Macs as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to Music, TV and iWork. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on the iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS platforms with technologies such as AVFoundation, CoreMedia, CoreAudio, CoreAnimation and Metal. Our team is responsible for implementing software services around linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as the Safari, Photos, Music, and TV apps as well as 3rd party applications.
The CoreMedia engineering team within IMG is looking for a software engineer to join our team to work on media formats and playback to power the next generation of interactive experiences for our platforms using Apple's latest technologies including RealityKit and ARKit. We are looking for a specialist developer that has crafted and improved media playback workflows and has debugged sophisticated and layered software stacks.
* 5+ years experience working in a large software development organization
* Strong coding, reading and debugging skills in C
* Knowledge of media playback workflows, protocols and performance needs
* Knowledge of OS graphics, display, and events systems
* Passion for learning new technologies, and self-motivation to work through technical challenges
You will be a proactive and hardworking software engineer who will help design and implement new experiences in media playback.Our team works on improving the performance and software quality of our cross-platform media framework and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space. To be successful in this role, you need to be versatile and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
**Education & Experience**
MS in CS/CE or equivalent
* Object oriented programming skills in either C++, Objective-C, or Swift
* Proficiency in MacOS, iOS or Unix development
* Experience developing AR/VR applications is a plus
* Experience in developing and maintaining an API for multiple clients is desired
* Familiarity with typical audio/video codecs: AAC, AC-3, H.264, HEVC...
* Familiarity with typical multimedia file formats: QuickTime Movie, MPEG-4, MPEG-TS...
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to work with cross-functional engineering teams
* Ability to design for memory/computation efficiency and debug related issues
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.